Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fresh ta Def

So when my Dominican "stylist" told me, "mami, you need layers, the ends are dead," I was quite hesitant for her to whip out the scissors and begin snipping. For as long as I can remember, I have always desired to have long, flowy locks. For a time in college I sported the wet and wavy look...and that weave was wonderful I might add, but I've always desired to have my own hair reach these lengths.

With this new year came new beginnings in a myraid of ways for me...And I saw this pic of MJB that inspired me to just cut it all down and start fresh. Well needless to say that didn't happen. But when "the Dominicans" saw the need for me to get to cuttin, I figured why not. "Mami, you can keep your length, but relax, you have to trust me. It will look much better. You have alotta hair, it will be ok."
It's a little dark, afterall it was taken on Friday night, but when my girls saw me on Saturday afternoon, I was complimented on the totality of the new dew. The fullness, the color, the body and bounciness were on point...And it's not really "that short," but it definitely is short for me! I dig it and it looks healthy...like the me I'm stepping into :)


No comments: